The marketing department at the UF Department of Computer & Information Science & Engineering works hard to maintain a consistent brand throughout all of our materials. Please consult the following information for details on templates and project requests.
For questions or comments, please send us an email.
- Requesting a Project
- Design Elements
Requesting a Project
The CISE marketing department welcomes the opportunity to collaborate with you. In some cases, this may mean working closely together on a project. It may also mean providing you with the resources to work independently – so that your efforts are consistent with the look, feel and functionality of other communications efforts around the university.
Our strategies for managing high-priority initiatives and campaigns are identified by the chair, senior leadership in CISE and the college. Please note, the weeks leading up to the Career Development Workshop in the fall and spring, and the end of the fall semester are consistently very busy times for departmental marketing. Plan ahead! Your request for assistance with a project will be evaluated based on your timeline and our availability. In order for us to best accommodate your needs, please send an email to our team well in advance of your project’s targeted deadline. The normal timeline for projects is two to three weeks. During the busy season, the timeline is three to four weeks.
Students: If you need access to promotional materials the department has already purchased or flyers for an event, marketing needs to know AT LEAST two weeks in advance (preferably two weeks). If you ask for materials the day before you need them or even hours before, we will not be able to fulfill your request.
If you need promotional materials ordered, the marketing department will need to know six weeks before your deadline.
NOTE: The department does not keep any printed flyers on hand at any time. Our flyers are color, and you will need access to a color printer.
Click on the following links to download templates.
Photo Release Form
If you do not have access to UF’s brand fonts Quadon and Gentona, please use the “Standard Fonts” files.
- Event Flyer – Branded Fonts (Word)
- Event Flyer – Standard Fonts (Word)
- Event Flyer 2 – Branded Fonts (Word)
- Event Flyer 2 – Standard Fonts (Word)
- Lecture Flyer – Branded Fonts (Word)
- Lecture Flyer – Standard Fonts (Word)
- Lecture Flyer – Branded Fonts (InDesign)
- Lecture Flyer – Standard Fonts (InDesign)
If you do not have access to brand fonts Obviously and Gentona, please use the “Standard Fonts” files. Fonts can be downloaded from the UF Brandcenter website.
Standard Definition (4:3)
High Definition (Widescreen 16:9)
For an in-depth description on college/department branding, you can view the college’s branding guide.
As always, when representing or mentioning the department, please use Department of Computer & Information Science & Engineering (CISE), with CISE used in subsequent references. The ampersands are an important aspect of the department’s style, as well as the correct representation of the name.
- DO NOT USE:
- Computer and Information Science and Engineering
- Computer & Information Science and Engineering
- Computer and Information Science & Engineering
- Computer Information Sciences and Engineering
- Computer Science and/& Engineering
When referring to the college, the only appropriate wording is the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering. Subsequent references may be the College.
- DO NOT USE:
- College of Engineering
- Wertheim College
- Wertheim College of Engineering
These logos are the official logos for the department. Any other representation is incorrect. This logo is to be used on all print materials (including signs, posters, flyers, postcards, etc.) representing the department.
- Please refer to the University’s guidelines for secondary logo usage.
- If you have any questions on proper logo usage, please contact us.
Usage guidelines and downloads for the University of Florida logo and monogram.
Unsure of which Orange and Blue colors to use for your project? Check out the College’s color guide.
CISE marketing manages the content on the website. For issues, questions or comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty Pages on CISE.UFL.EDU
Please submit this form, if you have changes to your faculty page on the CISE site.
Personal Faculty Pages
Faculty have two options to create personal websites on UF servers.
- A website on the CISE server
- This is a space for you to host whatever you’d like. This is set up through CISE IT.
- For more information, visit web hosting and personal website.
- A website on the College server
- Find more information here: https://faculty.eng.ufl.edu/
- These pages are maintained by the MARCOM Web designer using a WordPress Theme. She will handle all theme, plugin and WordPress updates. You will be able to add and update any content you would like.
- FYI: Because of the amount of faculty using these sites, there is only one option for a theme, which is UF branded and looks very similar to the main eng.ufl.edu and cise.ufl.edu sites.