- New Student Orientation
- Graduate Handbook
- Important Information
- Checklist for Beginning Your Studies at UF
- CISE Graduate Program
- Teaching Assistant Information
- General Gainesville Information
- Graduate Area
New Graduate Student Information
Welcome to the University of Florida. We are glad that you have chosen to join the CISE Department. Please check back often for updates.
CISE will present the New Graduate Student Orientation on Aug. 20, 2018.
|Wednesday, Aug. 20||8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.||CSE A101||MS New Student Orientation|
|Wednesday, Aug. 20||noon to 2 p.m.||CSE E404||Ph.D. New Student Orientation|
This page is intended to assist in your transition to Gainesville. While we hope that you find everything that you need here, we realize that there may be information that you are looking for that may not be listed.
This booklet contains rules and regulations of our degree programs and should be used in conjunction with the help pages. Please familiarize yourself with the portion that pertains to the degree that you are seeking.
- 2019-2020 Graduate Handbook (PDF)
- 2017-2018 Graduate Handbook (PDF)
- 2016-2017 Graduate Handbook (PDF)
- 2015-2016 Graduate Handbook (PDF)
General questions can be sent to Adrienne L. Cook, graduate academic advisor, or stop by and see her at E405 CSE Building.
- New Student Orientation – Master’s (PowerPoint Download)
- New Student Orientation – Ph.D. (PowerPoint Download)
- Women in Science and Engineering (PDF)
- Conflict & Resolution (PDF)
Checklist for Beginning Your Studies at UF
Immunization Information — IMPORTANT — Please contact the Student Health Center if you have questions regarding immunizations. You will not be able to register for courses until you have completed and sent in this form.
- Graduate Student Health Insurance
- If you have been offered a Graduate Teaching/Research Assistantship, you will receive information from our Human Resources personnel via email well before your contract period begins. This will include forms and a list of items needed before you can be placed on the payroll. Please note that there are strict deadlines associated with this process. Due to additional federal regulations for foreign nationals, it can take 8-10 weeks from the contract start date to receive your first paycheck.
- Create your GatorLink Account — your official UF email account.
- UF Map – Find your way around campus
- Bookstore and Welcome Center
- Graduate Catalog
CISE Graduate Program
General Gainesville Information
- Gainesville Regional Airport
- Jacksonville International Airport (84 miles northeast of the University of Florida)
- Orlando International Airport (120 miles south of the University of Florida)
Public Transportation and Campus Parking
- RTS City Buses – Students ride all routes free with their UFID
- UF Transportation and Parking Services
The UF International Center has an excellent chapter in their handbook that will help you with housing issues.
Living in Gainesville
- Gator Nights – Friday Night Fun!
- University of Florida Athletics
- Center for Student Involvement
- City of Gainesville
The CISE Graduate Area has been developed to centralize all information relevant to the Graduate Program in the CISE department. For graduate students, the system works on a student “profile” which allows students to return at any time in order to keep the most accurate information in their profile.
Currently, the following applications are available to authorized users.
TA Recommendation System
Graduate Application System
TA Recommendation System
Surface Mail Requests
**You will need to log in using your CISE username and password and be on the UF network (on campus or via VPN).**