Gerhard X. Ritter, Ph.D.
Primary Research Area
Image and Signal Analysis
Computational Neuroscience, Computer Vision & Medical Image Computing, Image and Signal Analysis, Machine Learning
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1971
G.X. Ritter and J.N. Wilson, Handbook of Computer Vision Algorithms in Image Algebra, 2nd Edition, CRC Press.
G. Ritter, L. Iancu, and G. Urcid, "Morphological Perceptrons with Dendritic Structure" FUZZ-IEEE 2003 Proceedings, St. Louis, 2003.
G.X. Ritter and G. Urcid, "Lattice Algebra Approach to Single Neuron Computation" IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, 14(2), 2003.
G.X. Ritter, G. Urcid, and L. Iancu, "Reconstruction of Patterns from Noisy Inputs Using Morphological Associative Memories" J. of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, 19(2), 2003.
G.X. Ritter, J.L. Diaz-de-Leon, and P. Sussner, "Morphological Bidirectional Associative Memories" Neural Networks, 12, 1999.
G.X. Ritter, P. Sussner, and J.L. Diaz-de-Leon, "Morphological Associative Memories" IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, 9(2), 1998.
P. Sussner and G.X. Ritter, "Rank-Based Decomposition of Morphological Templates" IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, 9(8), 2000.
J.L. Zapata and G.X. Ritter "Fast Fourier Transforms for Hexagonal Arrays" J. of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, 12(3), 2000.
Awards & Distinctions
- Member of the European Academy of Science.
- General Ronald W. Yates Award for Excellence in Technology Transfer, AFL, 1998.
- Silver Core Award, International Federation for Information Processing, 1989.
- Fellow of the International Society of Optical Engineering – SPIE.
- Founding member and first Chair of the Special Interest Group in Imaging Science of the Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), 2000-2003.
- Member, American Association of Engineering Societies (AAES) R&D Task Force, 1997-2000.
- Member of the Board of Directors, International Society of Optical Engineering, 1997-1998.
- Founding Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision.
- Former Chief Editor, Computacion y Systemas Journal.
- Editorial Board, Journal of Electronic Imaging.
- Editorial Board, Journal of Pattern Analysis and Applications.