Kyla McMullen, Ph.D.
Director, SoundPad Lab
Primary Research Area
Ph.D., Computer Science and Engineering, University of Michigan - 2012
M.S., Computer Science and Engineering, University of Michigan - 2007
B.S., Computer Science, University of Maryland, Baltimore County - 2005
Utilizing signal processing to render 3D audio, Using 3D audio to sonify information and environments, Discovering interface design techniques for developing virtual auditory environments, Using 3D audio to augment assistive technology for persons with visual impairments, Enhancing immersion and realness in virtual worlds using 3D audio
See full list here.
Awards & Distinctions
- NSF Early Career Award – 2019
- Diverse Issues In Higher Education – 2015 Emerging Scholar
- Google Inc. – Travel Grant to Attend Grace Hopper 2014
- National Black Data Processing Associates – Professional Achievement Award
- MUSES and GradSWE – Trailblazer Award for Achievement