|All Ph.D. applicants||December 5|
|M.S. International applicants||February 1|
|M.S. Domestic applicants||May 31|
|M.S. International applicants||August 1|
|M.S. Domestic applicants||September 30|
Ph.D. applicants must apply to the Fall semesters. We do not accept new Ph.D. students in the Spring semesters.
We are unable to evaluate your chances for admission, assistantships, and/or fellowships in our graduate program prior to receiving your completed application. Our admissions decisions are made by a committee that receives hundreds of complete applications each semester. Therefore, it is departmental policy not to give "pre-evaluations".
Please read the following instructions carefully before applying. Failure to do so could delay or negatively impact your evaluation.
- CISE applicants are required to submit their statement of purpose and three letters of recommendations through the online application. DO NOT mail these documents to the department; the department will not accept any paper or hard copies.
- Report your official GRE and TOEFL scores (if applicable) electronically through ETS using school code 5812. A department code is not necessary.
- For a list of those exempt from submitting TOEFL scores, please see the English Language Testing Exemptions.
- If your name on your ETS scorecard does not EXACTLY match your name on your UF application, your scores may not be posted. Please contact the department if there are any discrepancies between the names.
- Mail your official transcripts and degree certificates (international students) to the address below:
Graduate Admissions Office
University of Florida
201 Criser Hall
PO Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
Application Status Inquiries for the Admissions Office
To check on any material you sent to the Admissions Office, follow the directions below:
- At the Office of Admissions website, look at the menu on the left side. Click on the flag "Check your status at UF," then click on "Continue."
- In the blue box, follow the directions: "To continue, you must log on to Student Self Service, the university's secure student information system. Student Self Service logon requires your GatorLink username and password. You cannot use your temporary username and password, social security number or UFID as your GatorLink username. If you do not have a GatorLink username, please create your GatorLink account now. Then return to this page and log on."
- Click on the blue words in the blue box "GatorLink account".
- You will get a new window that says GatorLink Home Page. Here you can create a GatorLink account.
- Click the Create a New Account.
This will open another page and will allow you to create a new account. You cannot use your temporary user name that you used for your application. You need to create a new user name and password. Also, you need your UFID. When you submitted your application online, you were given an 8-digit UFID. If you do not know your UFID and submitted your online application, email email@example.com and an admissions officer will give it to you.
If these steps do not work, please call the Office of Admissions at 352-392-1365; they will be happy to walk you through the instructions step by step.
For specific questions about graduate applications, contact an admissions officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information contact a CISE Academic Advisor or visit the CISE Student Services Center (E405 CSE Building).