I am a fourth-year Ph.D. student in the Department of Computer & Information Science & Engineering at University of Florida. My advisor is Dr. My T. Thai.
Previously, I was working with Dr. Zhi-Hong Guan. I got both B.Eng. and M.Eng. in Electrical Engineering from Huazhong University of Science & Technology (HUST). I also got BSc Degree in Psychology from Central China Normal University in 2010.
My current research interests include network vulnerability, influence propagation and information diffusion , and social networks.
My research work in last couple of years has been focused on viral marketing, misinformation detection and also its containment. It combines theoretical analysis, efficient algorithm design and experimental evaluation on large-scale social networks.
- Huiyuan Zhang, Huiling Zhang, My T. Thai. A Survey on Multilayer Networks and the Applications [link], Big Data in Complex and Social Networks, Taylor & Francis Group, 2016.
- Huiling Zhang, Md Abdul Alim, Xiang Li, My T. Thai, Hien T. Nguyen. Misinformation in Online Social Networks: Detect Them All with Limited Budget [link], ACM Transactions on Information Systems, 34(3), No. 18, 2016.
- Huiyuan Zhang, Dung T Nguyen, Soham Das, Huiling Zhang, My T Thai. Least Cost Influence Maximization Across Multiple Social Networks [link], IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 24(2):929–939, 2015
- Huiling Zhang, Yilin Shen, My T. Thai. Robustness of power-law networks: its assessment and optimization [link], Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, 1-25, 2015.
- Huiling Zhang, Zhi-Hong Guan,Tao Li, Xian-He Zhang, Ding-Xue Zhang. A stochastic SIR epidemic on scale-free network with community structure [link], Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 2013, 392(4):974–981.
- Jiancong Chen, Huiling Zhang, Zhi-Hong Guan, Tao Li. Epidemic spreading on networks with overlapping community structure [link], Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 2012, 391(4):1848–1854.
- Huiling Zhang, Alan Kuhnle, Huiyuan Zhang, My T. Thai. Detecting Misinformation in Online Social Networks Before It Is Too Late, The 2016 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM 2016).
- Huiyuan Zhang, Huiling Zhang, Alan Kuhnle, My T. Thai. Profit Maximization for Multiple Products in Online Social Networks [link], The 35th Annual IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2016).
- Huiling Zhang, Md Abdul Alim, My T. Thai, Hien T. Nguyen. Monitor Placement to Timely Detect Misinformation in Online Social Networks [link], the 2015 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2015).
- Huiyuan Zhang, Huiling Zhang, Xiang Li, My T. Thai. Limiting the Spread of Misinformation while Effectively Raising Awareness in Social Networks [link], The 4th International Conference on Computational Social Networks (CSONET 2015).
CNT5106c Computer Networks, UF, Fall 2016
COP3502 Programming Fundamentals for CIS Majors I, UF, Fall 2015 & Fall 2013
(Led lab sessions, held office hours, and made homework assignments and exams)
COP2800 Computer Programming Using JAVA, UF, Spring 2014 & Spring 2016
CGS2531 Problem Solving Using Computer Software, UF, Fall 2014
Honors and Awards
CISE Travel Grant, UF, 2016
Outstanding International Student, UF, 2015
National Scholarship for Graduate Students, HUST, 2012
Outstanding Graduate Students, HUST, 2011 & 2012
Admission to Graduate Programs with Exam Exemption, HUST, 2010
Merit Students of Excellence, HUST, 2007 & 2008
“Liu Yongling” Scholarship for Outstanding Students, HUST, 2007