UPN Bronze VIP Archive for May 22, 2001
Back to Archive Index
Warning! Possible Spoilers!!
- over the gay thing, revisited
Posted by: Joss - May 22, 2002, 2:27 AM
- Thought I was out, but.... had one more thing to add. I killed Tara. Some of you may have been hurt by that. It very unlikely it was more painful to you than it was to me. I couldn't even discuss it in story meetings without getting upset, physically. Which is why I knew it was the right thing to do. Because stories, as I have so often said, are not about what we WANT. And I knew some people would be angry with me for destroying the only gay couple on the show, but the idea that I COULDN'T kill Tara because she was gay is as offensive to me as the idea that I DID kill her because she was gay. Willow's story was not about being gay. It was about weakness, addiction, loss... the way life hits you in the gut right when you think you're back on your feet. The course of true love never did run smooth, not on my show. (only Dennis Franz has suffered more than my characters.) I love Amber and she knows it. Eventually, this story will end for all of them. Hers ended sooner.
Or did it......?
Yeah, it did.
- exit me, pursued by bear
Posted by: Joss - May 22, 2002, 2:15 AM
- There is no bear. That was a lie. But I am leaving. Just wanted to say thanks for watching, y'all come back, etc... also, I read occasionally that people haven't been as happy with this year (actually, I hear that every year), show's not the same... not from eveeryone, but it comes up, and I just wanna say this: Dis not th' Nox. Say not that I'm not into it, Marti's not getting it done, anything of that sort... Fact is, I'm in this show up to my neck always. Same With Angel and yup, Firefly too. And I've read that I've blown off one for the other -- He's over Buffy, Firefly is just a contractual obligation, he didn't even CREATE the Rockford Files, why's he taking credit for it... I've heard it all. And it ain't necessarily so. Marti (She of the great brain and great beauty) and I shaped this year very carefully, and while we made mistakes (as we do every year), we made our show. We explored what we wanted to, said what we meant. You don't have to like it, but don't think it comes from neglect. That would give me hurty feelings. Next year is gonna be the greatest challenge of my life, but I've got all three shows lined up thematically, i've got amazing writers and stupendous casts, I'm excited. It feels like the beginning. Joss, year one.
- pt II
Posted by: Joss - May 22, 2002, 1:56 AM
- Okay, then. Feel a little weird about putting that all out there so soon, but I'm sure it was all gonna come out on Ain't-it-spoiled anyhoo, so.... (can you believe the lame fish joke? and I'm supposed to have THREE shows! Some's alseep at the wheel, me getting more shows...)
Soo... I guess there's not much more to say. 'CEPT: We're busting Ass (mostly Fury's, he volunteered, PLEASE don't ask) to put next year into shape and once again, I'm bursting with excitement. I'm not saying a damn thing (as per usual) but it's an exciting new arc and I may get to shoot a little bit of it in England... Next year we take it up a notch. Swear to the Sky Bully.
- Everything that's going to happen
Posted by: Joss - May 22, 2002, 1:56 AM
- As people who have been around for a while know, I always like to get on the "net" and reveal aboslutely everything that's going to happen next year. That way, you don't spend all summer stressing. Here's the important points:
1) Buffy will become a "vampire slayer". I can't really explain what that means yet, 'cause Doug hasn't explained it to me. But it seems to point towards ADVENTURE!
2) Format change: from now on, the first half hour will be about Buffy FIGURING OUT what the monster is, and the second half hour will be about Sam Waterston PROSECUTING the monster.
3) We're easing back on the goats. There've been complaints.
4) Because of the coincidental movie name issue, we will no longer refer to the kids as the "Scooby" Gang. They will be known as the "Scooby Doo, The Film, Coming This Christmas To Your Local DVD Store" gang. Or possibly the "Sharks".
5) The gay thing is so passe. We're over that. But honestly, that's just the way Clem ACTS. We're having a talk.
6) A lot of people were confused at the end when Spike wanted his fish order changed. SOLE, people. Jeez. We HAVE a vampire with a SOUL, you think we're doing that again?
7) Cardigans, cardigans, cardigans.
- Been gone a while, come to say hi
Posted by: Joss - May 22, 2002, 1:32 AM
- to all you folk still hanging. I'm hoping some color will identify me as who i is, but always have th' trubs when it comes to remembering my password. Meanwhilst, ALY FRIKKIN' HANNIGAN. I'm just saying. I loovs her. Always have. Plus with the kicking, double shot to the head, be still my heart. Show fun. Think I'll try having three.
If you notice that I've missed some VIP postings, please feel
free to send me some e-mail, and tell me the
VIP's name as well as the date and time that they posted.