Auon Haidar Kazmi
Computer and Information Science and Engineering
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611
Phone: (352) 870 - 6441
I am a Masters student of Computer Science at CISE, University of Florida
(August 2016 - Present) working in the Data Science Research Group.
My research interest includes Consumer Behaviour Analytics, Machine Learning, Text Analytics, Expert Systems and Recommender Systems.
I did my Bachelors of Technology in Computer Engineering from
Jamia Millia University, India (July 2009 - June 2013).
MS, Computer Science, University of Florida (Fall 2016 - )
B.Tech., Computer Engineering, Jamia Millia University, India (2009 - 2013)
Researcher, Data Analytics and Information Fusion, Innovation Labs, TCS-Research, India, 2013-2016
- Worked on formulating approaches to solve problems from different domains which involved coming up with novel solutions
leveraging data mining and machine learning techniques, and developing generic software modules for them.
- It involved working in a team of 4-5 people with ownership of each project module assigned to one.
Research and Projects
- An Apache open-source project. Working on implementing various Machine Learning algorithms in SQL.
- Worked on an Email-based Information Recommender System.
- Major contribution was Rule Base creation and Action Implementation utility that exploits rules for mail filtering and mail organization.
- Developed a Machine Learning package that predicts the repeat probability of a customer for a product given customer’s transaction history and promotional campaign data.
Customer Churn Prediction
- A predictive model to characterize customer churn from a bank's transaction data.
Prescriptive Information Fusion
- Developed a ‘Consumer Pricing Model’ which takes consumer demographics and product information into consideration and ‘prescribes’ a selling price of a product to be quoted to consumers.
- Face Detection in Live Streaming
- Used Facial Features and Neural network implemented in Matlab.
- Age Classification using Gabor Features
- Used Pattern recognition Neural network implemented in Matlab.
- G. Shroff, P. Agarwal, K. Singh, A. H. Kazmi, S. Shah, A. Sardeshmukh.
Prescriptive Information Fusion.
International Conference on Information Fusion, IEEE, Salamanca, Spain (Best Paper Award in Tactics
Symposium), July 2014
- G. Anand, A. H. Kazmi, P. Malhotra, L. Vig, P. Agarwal, G. Shroff.
Deep Temporal Features to Predict Repeat Buyers.
29th Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS) E-Commerce Workshop, Montreal, Canada, Dec 2015.
- A. H. Kazmi, G. Shroff, P. Agarwal.
Generic Framework to Predict Repeat Behavior of Customers Using Their Transaction History.
In International Conference on Web Intelligence, Nebraska, USA, October 2016.
- Indian Classical Music
- Urdu Poetry
- Organized and coordinated several cultural and Hackathon events in ‘Algorythm’- a Computer Society of India (CSI) techno-cultural fest in undergraduate college.
- Taught students in an NGO for orphan children in Delhi