Ye Xia, Ph.D.
Primary Research Area
Cloud Computing, Networks
Ph.D. - University of California, Berkeley. In Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, 2003.
MS - Columbia University, New York. In Electrical and Computer Engineering, Feb. 1995.
BA - Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts. In Electrical Engineering, June 1993.
My research interests are in the computer networking area, including performance evaluation of network protocols and algorithms, routing and flow control, wireless network link scheduling, resource allocation in networks and datacenters, energy saving in wireless sensor networks, and content distribution algorithms on overlay networks. I am also interested in probability theory, stochastic processes, and queueing theory.
Recent Journal Publications
- YoungSang Yun, Ye Xia, Behnam Behdani and J. Cole Smith. Distributed Algorithm for Lifetime Maximization in Delay-Tolerant Wireless Sensor Network with Mobile Sink. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. 12(10):1920-1930, 2013.
- Behnam Behdani, J. Cole Smith and Ye Xia. The Lifetime Maximization Problem in Wireless Sensor Networks with a Mobile Sink: Mixed-Integer Formulations and Algorithms. IIE Transactions. 45(10):1094-1113, June 2013.
- Xiaoying Zheng, Chunglae Cho and Ye Xia. Algorithm and Stability Analysis for Universal-Swarming-Based Content Distribution. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. Accepted.
- Bo Li, Cem Boyaci and Ye Xia. Performance Guarantee under Longest-Queue-First Schedule in Wireless Networks. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory. 58(9): 5878-5889. Sep. 2012.
- Bo Li, Cem Boyaci and Ye Xia. A Refined Performance Characterization of Longest-Queue-First Policy in Wireless Networks. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking. Vol. 19, No. 5, Oct. 2011, pp. 1382-1396.
- Behnam Behdani, YoungSang Yun, J. Cole Smith, and Ye Xia. Decomposition Algorithms for Maximizing the Lifetime of Wireless Sensor Networks with Mobile Sinks. Journal of Computers and Operations Research. Vol. 39, No. 5, May 2012.
- YoungSang Yun and Ye Xia. Maximizing the Lifetime of Wireless Sensor Networks with Mobile Sink in Delay-Tolerant Applications. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol 9, no. 9, September 2010, pp 1308-1318.
- Xiaoying Zheng, Chunglae Cho and Ye Xia. Optimal Swarming for Massive Content Distribution. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 21, no. 6, June 2010, pp 841-856.
Recent Conference Publications
- Cem Boyaci and Ye Xia. Optimal Delay Bound for Maximum Weight Scheduling Policy in Wireless Networks. IEEE Infocom, 2014.
- Yi Wang and Ye Xia. A Distributed CSMA Algorithm for Wireless Networks based on Ising Model. IEEE GLOBECOM, 2013.
- Cem Boyaci and Ye Xia. Delay Analysis of the Approximate Maximum Weight Scheduling in Wireless Networks. The 9th International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), 2013.
- YoungSang Yun and Ye Xia. A Method for Deciding Node Densities in Non-Uniform Deployment of Wireless Sensors. 11th International Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks (WiOpt), 2013
- Chunglae Cho and Ye Xia. Multi-Tree Multicast with a Backpressure Algorithm. IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), Dec. 2010.
- YoungSang Yun, Ye Xia, Behnam Behdani and J. Cole Smith. Distributed Algorithm for Lifetime Maximization in Delay-Tolerant Wireless Sensor Network with Mobile Sink. IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), Dec. 2010.
- Cem Boyaci, Bo Li, and Ye Xia. An Investigation on the Nature of Wireless Scheduling. IEEE Infocom, March, 2010.
- Xiaoying Zheng, Chunglae Cho and Ye Xia. Content Distribution by Multiple Multicast Trees and Intersession Cooperation: Optimal Algorithms and Approximations. IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), Dec. 2009.
Office: E538 CSE
University of Florida
Department of Computer and Information Science and Engineering
301 CSE Building
P.O. Box 116120
Gainesville, FL 32611-6120