- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1971
Much of my research had been devoted to autonomous target recognition. A direct result of this research was the development of the theory of image algebra, the theory of lattice based neural networks, and the notion of the generalized matrix product and its applications. My current research efforts cover such diverse areas as hyperspectral image segmentation, computer vision and signal processing, pattern recognition, biomimetic artificial neural networks, and brain research.
|Fall 03||CAP 6615||Neural Networks|
- G.X. Ritter and J.N. Wilson, Handbook of Computer Vision Algorithms in Image Algebra, 2nd Edition, CRC Press.
- G. Ritter, L. Iancu, and G. Urcid, "Morphological Perceptrons with Dendritic Structure" FUZZ-IEEE 2003 Proceedings, St. Louis, 2003.
- G.X. Ritter and G. Urcid, "Lattice Algebra Approach to Single Neuron Computation" IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, 14(2), 2003.
- G.X. Ritter, G. Urcid, and L. Iancu, "Reconstruction of Patterns from Noisy Inputs Using Morphological Associative Memories" J. of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, 19(2), 2003.
- G.X. Ritter, J.L. Diaz-de-Leon, and P. Sussner, "Morphological Bidirectional Associative Memories" Neural Networks, 12, 1999.
- G.X. Ritter, P. Sussner, and J.L. Diaz-de-Leon, "Morphological Associative Memories" IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, 9(2), 1998.
- P. Sussner and G.X. Ritter, "Rank-Based Decomposition of Morphological Templates" IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, 9(8), 2000.
- J.L. Zapata and G.X. Ritter "Fast Fourier Transforms for Hexagonal Arrays" J. of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, 12(3), 2000.
- Member of the European Academy of Science. General Ronald W. Yates Award for Excellence in Technology Transfer, AFL, 1998. Silver Core Award, International Federation for Information Processing, 1989.
- Fellow of the International Society of Optical Engineering - SPIE. Founding member and first Chair of the Special Interest Group in Imaging Science of the Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), 2000-2003.
- Member, American Association of Engineering Societies (AAES) R&D Task Force, 1997-2000. Member of the Board of Directors, International Society of Optical Engineering, 1997-1998.
- Founding Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision. Former Chief Editor, Computacion y Systemas Journal. Editorial Board,Journal of Electronic Imaging. Editorial Board, Journal of Pattern Analysis and Applications.