Combined B.S./M.S. Program
All BS programs offered by CISE are eligible for a combined B.S./M.S. degree. Each program is combined with the M.S. degree with the same name in the same college except for CSC, which is combined with the M.S. in Computer Science offered through the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
A student wishing to apply to the combined B.S./M.S. CISE programs must satisfy the following minimum criteria:
Note: Students transferring with courses from another institution must complete at least 6 hours of major coursework at UF before eligibility.
- Must have at least junior status.
- Must have an overall GPA of at least 3.3.
- Must have completed at least three of the following four courses with a minimum 3.3 GPA:
COP 3504 – Advanced Programming Fundamentals for CISE majors (or equivalent: COP 3502 AND COP 3503)
COT 3100 – Applications of Discrete Structures
CDA 3101 – Introduction to Computer Organization
COP 3530 – Data Structures and Algorithms
- Must have received a GRE score (combined verbal + quantitative) of at least 300 (new scale).
Note: Tentative acceptance may be made if the applicant’s SAT score is at least 1200.
Students meeting the above criteria may obtain an application from the CISE Student Services, located in CSE E405. The completed application should be returned to the CISE Student Services.
Applicants will be notified by email of their status once a decision is made. If approved, visit CISE Student Services to see Kristina Sapp for additional information.
Students can count a maximum of 12 graduate credits toward their undergraduate degree requirements.
Interested students should contact a CISE Academic Advisor or visit the CISE Student Services Center (E405 CSE Building).
College of Engineering Senior Certificate in Computer Science and Engineering
This certificate program is offered through the CISE Department in the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering at the University of Florida. The program, which is intended for computer science and computer engineering seniors who are enrolled in universities other than the UF, is a 1-semester, 12-credit program.
Admission to the program is competitive and simply meeting the minimum requirements does not assure admittance.
- Must be a senior enrolled in a recognized undergraduate degree program in computer science and/or engineering.
- Must have a GPA equivalent to a B or better.
- Must have demonstrated English communication skills.
- Students from non-exempt countries must demonstrate proficiency in English by providing TOEFL and or TSE scores.
- Deadline: Completed applications must be received by Sept. 30 for admission to the Spring program and by April 30 for admission to the Fall program.
- Submit one copy of undergraduate transcripts along with an application form to:
University of Florida, CISE
Attn: Senior Certificate Admission
Room 405, CSE Building
P.O. Box 116120
Gainesville, FL 32611-6120
- Email inquiries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Certificate Completion Requirements
- Complete 12 credits of approved CISE courses with a grade of C or better on each course.
- Approved courses are those 4XXX, 5XXX, and 6XXX courses deemed by the department to be suitable for the program from those being offered by CISE in the semester in which the student is enrolled.
Continuation to the CISE M.S. Program
Students who obtain a B or better on each of the graduate-level courses taken for the certificate program and who are admitted into the M.S. Computer Engineering program offered by the CISE Department will be able to transfer the completed gradudate-level courses into this M.S. program.
The Spring 2014 tuition and fees for this program will be roughly $425/credit hour, or a total of approximately $5,100. In addition, students are responsible for their living and other expenses.