This certificate program is offered through the CISE Department, College of Engineering, University of Florida. The program, which is intended for Computer Science and Computer Engineering seniors who are enrolled in universities other than the University of Florida, is a 1-semester 12-credit program.
Admission to the program is competitive and simply meeting the minimum requirements does not assure admittance.
- Must be a senior enrolled in a recognized undergraduate degree program in Computer Science and/or Engineering.
- Must have a GPA equivalent to a B or better.
- Must have demonstrated English communication skills.
- Students from non-exempt countries must demonstrate proficiency in English by providing TOEFL and or TSE scores.
- Deadline: Completed applications must be received by Sept. 30 for admission to the Spring program and by April 30 for admission to the Fall program.
- Submit one copy of undergraduate transcripts along with an application form (click here) to: Senior Certificate Admission, Computer and Information Science and Engineering, University of Florida, 405 CSE, P.O. Box 116120, Gainesville, FL 32611-6120
- Email enquiries about this certificate program may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Certificate Completion Requirements
- Complete 12 credits of approved CISE courses with a grade of C or better on each course.
- Approved courses are those 4XXX, 5XXX, and 6XXX courses deemed by the Department to be suitable for the Program from those being offered by CISE in the semester in which the student is enrolled.
Continuation to the CISE MS Program
Students who obtain a B or better on each of the grad-level courses taken for the certificate program and who are admitted into the MS Computer Engineering program offered by the CISE Department at the University of Florida will be able to transfer the completed grad-level courses into this MS program.
The Spring 2014 tuition and fees for this program will be roughly $425/credit hour, or a total of approximately $5,100. In addition, students are responsible for their living and other expenses.