Welcome to the University of Florida! We are glad that you have chosen to join the CISE Department. Please check back often for updates.
CISE will present the New Graduate Student Orientation on Aug. 20, 2018
|Wednesday, Aug. 20||8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.||CSE A101||MS New Student Orientation|
|Wednesday, Aug. 20||noon to 2 p.m.||CSE E404||Ph.D. New Student Orientation|
This page is intended to assist in your transition to Gainesville. While we hope that you find everything that you need here, we realize that there may be information that you are looking for that may not be listed.
CISE Graduate Handbook
This booklet contains rules and regulations of our degree programs and should be used in conjunction with our CISE help pages. Please familiarize yourself with the portion that pertains to the degree that you are seeking.
General questions can be sent to Adrienne L. Cook, Graduate Academic Adviser, at firstname.lastname@example.org or please stop by and see her at E405 CSE Building.
Checklist for Beginning Your Studies at UF
Immunization Information — IMPORTANT — Please contact the Student Health Center if you have questions regarding immunizations. You will not be able to register for courses until you have completed and sent in this form.
- Graduate Student Health Insurance
- If you have been offered a Graduate Teaching/Research Assistantship, you will receive information from our Human Resources personnel via email well before your contract period begins. This will include forms and a list of items needed before you can be placed on the payroll. Please note that there are strict deadlines associated with this process. Due to additional federal regulations for foreign nationals, it can take 8-10 weeks from the contract start date to receive your first paycheck.
- Create your GatorLink Account — your official UF email account.
- UF Map - Find your way around campus
- Bookstore and Welcome Center
- Graduate Catalog
CISE Graduate Program
Teaching Assistant Information
General Gainesville Information
- Gainesville Airport
- Jacksonville Airport (84 miles northeast of the University of Florida)
- Orlando Airport (120 miles south of the University of Florida)
Public Transportation and Campus Parking
- RTS City Buses - Students ride all routes free with their UF ID!
- UF Transportation and Parking Services
The UF International Center has an excellent chapter in their handbook that will help you with housing issues.