Prabhat Mishra is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer and
Information Science and Engineering (CISE)
at the University of Florida (UF) where he
leads the CISE Embedded Systems Lab.
His research interests include design automation of embedded systems,
energy-aware computing, reconfigurable architectures, security and reliability,
hardware/software verification, and post-silicon debug.
Associate Professor (CV)
Director, Embedded Systems Lab
Department of Computer and Information Science and Engineering
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA.
Office: E568, CSE Building Email: prabhat
Phone: +1 (352) 505-1880 Fax: +1 (352) 392-1220
Mailing Address: 432 Newell Drive, Gainesville, FL 32611-6120, USA
He received his B.E. from Jadavpur University, Kolkata in 1994, M.Tech. from
the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur in 1996, and Ph.D. from the
University of California, Irvine in 2004 -- all in Computer Science and Engineering. Prior to
joining University of Florida, he spent several years in various companies
including Intel, Motorola, Synopsys and Texas Instruments. He has published
four books, ten book chapters and more than 100 research articles in premier
international journals and conferences. His research has been recognized by
several awards including the
CAREER Award from the National Science Foundation, two best paper awards
(VLSI Design 2011 and
CODES+ISSS 2003), several best
paper award nominations (including DAC'09 and DATE'12), and
2004 EDAA Outstanding Dissertation Award from the European Design Automation Association.
He has also received the 2007 International Educator of the Year Award from the UF College of Engineering for
his significant international research and teaching contributions.
Prof. Mishra currently serves as an Associate Editor of ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems (TODAES), IEEE Design & Test of Computers (D&T), IET Computers & Digital Techniques (CDT), and Journal of Electronic Testing (JETTA), and as a technical program committee member of several ACM and IEEE conferences including DAC, ICCAD, DATE, ASPDAC, CODES+ISSS, RTAS and VLSI Design. He has also served as General Chair of IEEE High Level Design Validation and Test (HLDVT) 2010, Program Chair of HLDVT 2009, Information Director of ACM TODAES, and Guest Editor of IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC), IEEE D&T, Springer JETTA and IJPP.
He is a senior member of both ACM and IEEE.
- Nov 16, 2013: Prof. Masahiro Fujita will visit Embedded Systems Lab this week.
- Oct 04, 2013: Dr. Qin's work on scalable test generation is accepted in VLSI 2014.
- Oct 04, 2013: Dr. Qin's work on temperature/energy-constrained scheduling is accepted in VLSI 2014.
- July 22, 2013: Kamran's work on post-silicon validation is accepted in ICCD 2013.
- July 15, 2013: Hadi and Mimonah's work is Nominated for Best Paper Award in NANOARCH 2013.
- Jun 04, 2013: Collaborative work with Prof. Bhunia and Prof. Jha is accepted in NANOARCH 2013.
- Apr 12, 2013: Collaborative work with Prof. Mingsong Chen is accepted in ISVLSI 2013.
- Jan 08, 2013: Collaborative work with Prof. Chen is Nominated for Best Paper Award in VLSI 2013.
- Jan 7-9, 2013: Four papers (with Mingsong, Kanad, Hadi and Kamran) are presented in VLSI 2013.
- Jan 06, 2013: Full-day tutorial on Post-Silicon Validation and Debug is presented in VLSI 2013.