Prabhat Mishra is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer and
Information Science and Engineering (CISE)
at the University of Florida (UF) where he
leads the CISE Embedded Systems Lab.
His research interests include design automation of embedded systems,
energy-aware computing, reconfigurable architectures, security and reliability,
hardware/software verification, and post-silicon debug.
Associate Professor (CV)
Director, Embedded Systems Lab
Department of Computer and Information Science and Engineering
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA.
Office: E568, CSE Building Email: prabhat
Phone: +1 (352) 505-1880 Fax: +1 (352) 392-1220
Mailing Address: 432 Newell Drive, Gainesville, FL 32611-6120, USA
He received his B.E. from Jadavpur University, Kolkata in 1994, M.Tech. from
the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur in 1996, and Ph.D. from the
University of California, Irvine in 2004 -- all in Computer Science and Engineering. Prior to
joining University of Florida, he spent several years in various companies
including Intel, Motorola, Synopsys and Texas Instruments. He has published
four books, ten book chapters and more than 100 research articles in premier
international journals and conferences. His research has been recognized by
several awards including the
CAREER Award from the National Science Foundation, two best paper awards
(VLSI Design 2011 and
CODES+ISSS 2003), several best
paper award nominations (including DAC'09 and DATE'12), and
2004 EDAA Outstanding Dissertation Award from the European Design Automation Association.
He has also received the 2007 International Educator of the Year Award from the UF College of Engineering for
his significant international research and teaching contributions.
Prof. Mishra currently serves as the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of IET Computers & Digital Techniques (CDT), an Associate Editor of ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems (TODAES), IEEE Design & Test of Computers (D&T), and Journal of Electronic Testing (JETTA), and as a technical program committee member of several ACM and IEEE conferences including DAC, ICCAD, DATE, ASPDAC, CODES+ISSS, RTAS and VLSI Design. He has also served as General Chair of IEEE High Level Design Validation and Test (HLDVT) 2010, Program Chair of HLDVT 2009, Associate Editor of IET CDT, Information Director of ACM TODAES, and Guest Editor of IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC), IEEE D&T, Springer JETTA and IJPP.
He is a senior member of both ACM and IEEE.
- Sep 23, 2014: Hadi and Kamran's work on power virus is accepted in VLSI 2015.
- May 25, 2014: Dr. Mishra has been invited to give a keynote at VDAT 2014.
- Jun 05, 2014: Dr. Mishra will serve on a panel on Diagnosing Disaster: Getting to Post-Silicon at DAC 2014.
- May 05, 2014: Collaborative work with Prof. Mingsong Chen and Dr. Xiaoke Qin is accepted in JETTA.
- Apr 20, 2014: Prateek's work on layout-aware signal selection is accepted in ISVLSI 2014.
- Mar 01, 2014: Prof. Mishra serves as the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of IET Computers & Digital Techniques.
- Feb 24, 2014: Congratulations to Prateek and Sudhi for defending their MS Thesis.
- Feb 21, 2014: Dr. Mishra has been invited to contribute on extreme scale design automation at ESDA 2014.
- Feb 16, 2014: Dr. Mishra has been invited to talk on computing in memory at HARSH 2014.
- Jan 05, 2014: Dr. Qin's two papers (test generation, scheduling) are presented in VLSI 2014.