"And he alone is great who turns the voice of the wind into a song made sweeter by his own loving." - Gibran
During graduate school, I worked full-time in the industry for several years doing data analysis, software development, and management for the financial, video games and internet industries. I worked on projects involving Finance, Biomedical devices, Marketing, Video game development, Statistics and Machine Learning. In addition, I mentored and consulted for several young startups, industry, and research projects.
- Convert, Jan 2009-Jan 2010
Built and managed the engineering team and lead development using Statistical and Machine Learning techniques to automate our web solutions.
- Ignition Entertainment (video games), Dec 2007-Jan 2009
R&D Programmer (Dec 07-April 08): specialized in gaming AI development using Unreal Engine 3, C++, and the investigation and integration of middleware solutions s.a. AI-Implant and Kynapse, and algorithms s.a. pathfinding and reinforcement learning.
- Capital One (financial data mining). Jan 2007-Dec 2007.
- Amazon.com, (web development, video processing) Summer 2006
- UW and Ford Research (machine Learning, optimization), Summer 2003